Climbing for Kids
Climbing and the National Curriculum
The experiences gained through Climbing whether it be physical, mental or social are immense and to exclude these opportunities from school and college life may be misguided.
Climbing fits well and can link to just about any part of the curriculum through considered and informed planning.
Climbing can offer many distinct benefits to those taking part:
- The acquisition of physical skill and knowledge
- Personal and social development
- The health of the individual
Climbing is an ideal activity for any school group:
- Climbing has an aesthetic quality enjoyed by those who perhaps do not take to other sporting activities offered through the day-to-day PE curriculum
- Climbing is an individual rather than team sport and many pupils who have previously shown little or no enthusiasm in sports often discover unexpected aptitude and skill for Climbing.
NEW: We have just installed the Speedwall Leaderboard at our Climbing Wall! The Speedwall is the place you want your name to be seen as it is a record of the fastest climbers who have visited Chill Factore and took on our 12m Climbing Wall! So challenge your classmates now and beat them to the top of the board!
Visit our How to book page to book now!
Return to School Trips page.
Primary School Climbing
You could choose from the following:
Have a Go Climb session
Each member of the group tackles the 12m Climbing Wall to reach the top!
Climb Taster Lesson
Settle those first time jitters with a 1 hour session where you’ll learn how to put on a harness and learn new techniques to scale the 12m climbing wall.
Kids Climbing Academy
Alternatively our Kids Climbing Academy is a great place for children as young as 5 years to learn how to climb in a more in depth short course, where they’ll be able to monitor their progress during the 3 week course. Perfect for those that looking to progress from Beginner through the Improver level.
All climbers are taught by experienced instructors in a safe and friendly environment where fun and progression is paramount.
The techniques taught include the following;
- Harness fitting
- Route planning
- Various climbing techniques
Our Kids Climbing Academy (Beginner or Improver) courses are available for just £15 per pupil which gives you the following:
- 3 x 1hr tuition sessions each week
- Progress card for each pupil
- Beginner or Improver course certificate for each pupil at the end of each course.
Min groups of 6.
Click here for the teachers activity guide for the Kids Climbing Academy.
Kids: 5–8 years old
Juniors: 9-11 years old
Secondary Schools Climbing
During the academic year 2011/12 your students can undertake a series of Climbing Coaching Sessions designed to get them to the relevant standard to pass their GCSE PE practical module.
GCSE Climbing Coaching Session Series are available for just £42 per student!
- 4 weeks tuition (each session lasting 1.5hrs or 6 weeks – each session lasting 1hr)
- All relevant paperwork – risk assessments & GCSE criteria check list signed by Chill Factore instructor
- Video analysis
Chill Factore can also offer practical assessments as part of a student’s GCSE’s, A-Levels or further education qualification.
For more information check out our Schools Booking Process, or to book your school a place, simply call Nicola Boyes or Sarah Kershaw on 0161 749 2218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Min numbers 6
- Mon-Fri 10am-7pm
- 1 free teacher free place per 10 students booked