Snowsport and the National Curriculum
The experiences gained through snowsport whether it be; physical, mental or social are immense and to exclude these opportunities from college life may be misguided.
Snowsport fits well and can link to just about any part of the curriculum through considered and informed planning.
During the academic year 2012/13 your students can undertake a series of Skiing or Snowboarding Coaching Sessions designed to get them to the relevant standard to pass their GCSE or A Level PE practical module, all for just £39 per student!
- Free instructor diagnosis (to determine what level your students are up to)
- 3 Weeks Guided Practice to improve technique - 1.5hr lift pass each week including a coach
- All relevant paperwork – risk assessments & GCSE/A-Level criteria check list signed by Chill Factore instructor
- Video Recording Permitted
Click here for more information about this unmissable offer.
Chill Factore can also offer practical assessment as part of a student’s A Level qualification.
Skiing and Snowboarding can offer many distinct benefits to those taking part:
- The acquisition of physical skill and knowledge
- Personal and social development
- Environmental awareness
- The health of the individual
Snowsports are an ideal activity for any school group:
- Skiing and Snowboarding are not difficult sports to learn and rely on technique rather than strength or fitness
- The activities have an aesthetic quality enjoyed by those who perhaps do not take to other sporting activities offered through the day-to-day PE curriculum
- Snowsport is an individual rather than team sport and has no intrinsic element of competition
- Many pupils who have previously shown little or no enthusiasm in sports often discover unexpected aptitude and skill for snowsport
- Snowsport is accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
Visit our How to book page to book now!
Return to School Trips page.
The Snowlife Award Scheme is a fun set of 9 awards that you can achieve through participation, awareness and safety in your chosen snowsport.
The scheme offers comparable awards for both Skiing and Snowboarding ensuring a consistent progression through all levels; from beginner to expert whether on indoor real snow slopes or abroad.
Terms and Conditions
- Min numbers 10
- Mon-Fri 10am-7pm
- 1 free teacher place per 10 students booked