Key Stage Workshops at Chill Factore
The Chill Factore Lectures and Workshops have been designed to fit in with the relevant key stage level and course syllabus for students studying Key Stage Levels 1-5.
This allows your students to learn specific aspects of their course content and apply it to a real life setting here at Chill Factore.
Lectures and Workshops can be booked individually but if you book the whole series of Lectures and Workshops covering a course subject we are offering you a fantastic saving of 20%!
What's more, at the end of each Workshop your students can unwind and chill out in the snow as each Workshop package includes a Snow Activity (Tubing, The Luge Ice Slide, Sledging or Climbing). How cool is that?
Our school packages can be tailor made to meet the needs of your students. Individual course topics followed by a Snow Activity costs as little as £18 per student* or a whole subject series with a Snow Activity after each workshop is a fantastic £48 per student!
Visit our How to book page to book now!
Return to School Trips page.
Key Stage 1 & 2 Topics:
1. Science – Weather
- Introduction to weather seasons.
- How the snow is made.
- Hot and cold environments.
2. PSHE – Health & Safety
- Identifying uniforms and the type of clothing worn in a snow environment.
- Matching which equipment goes with which activity.
- Identifying sign and symbols used in the snow area and in the Chill Factore
Key Stage 3 & 4 Topics:
1. Business Studies – Chill Factore as a Business
- How the brand was created.
- Brand positioning.
- Utilising profits.
- Organisational structure.
- Business aims.
2. Business Studies – Marketing
- Objectives of marketing department.
- Past and present Chill Factore campaigns to show the principles of advertising, promotion and market research.
3. Business Studies – Customer Service
- How Chill Factore team is motivated to give excellent customer service.
- How we manage customer expectations.
4. Business Studies – HR
- Recruitment, training, managing and motivating of Chill Factore staff.
- How we do it/legalities/obstacles and solutions.
5. PSHE – Health & Safety
- Chill Factore Health and Safety Policy.
- Security operation.
- First Aid/Accident reporting.
- Employers/employees responsibilities.
- Risk Assessments.
- Slope Policies.
- Clothing and equipment use.
- How ICT works in different departments at Chill Factore
- Call handling.
- Booking system.
- Web use.
- Technology used both externally and internally.
7. P.E - Sport in Society
- Leisure and recreation.
- Sports participation.
- Sporting behaviour.
- Sports facilities.
- Sporting bodies and organisations eg. DSUK, Snowsport England, BASI, sponsorship, sport and the media, amateurs and professionals
8. P.E – Training and Sporting Skills
- Training sessions for racing and freestyle.
- Training methods.
- Fitness testing.
- Sports injuries.
- Injury treatments.
- Skills and motivation.
Key Stage 5 Topics:
In addition to following the Key Stage 3 & 4 Topics:
- Business Studies – Chill Factore as a business
- Business Studies – Marketing
- Business Studies – HR
- PSHE – Health & Safety
- P.E - Sport in Society
- P.E – Training and Sporting Skills
Students also learn about the following key topic areas:
1. Travel & Tourism
- Pproducts and services the venue has to offer.
- The breadth of Hospitality at the venue.
- The importance of delivering customer service.
2. Business Studies – Case Study
- How the venue was designed and built.
- How we devised the marketing campaign.
3. P.E – The Human Body
- Bones, joints, muscles.
- The respiratory system.
- The circulatory system all used whilst skiing and snowboarding.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicable Mon-Fri 10am-7pm.
- Based on minimum groups of 6.